Barker Williams, PLLC is a corporate and real estate transactional law firm located in South Walton. We are focused on knowing and understanding our clients and their business and personal goals, and dedicated to helping our clients implement practical solutions to advance those goals. We understand that the success of our firm depends on loyal clients – and we believe an environment of excellent customer service, lower overhead and efficient billing rates results in satisfied clients.
Corporate Services. Our corporate practice advises clients with respect to the following matters:
- Entity selection and formation, including selection of entity type and preparation and filing of articles, bylaws, operating agreements, organizational minutes and stock certificates, among other documents.
- Shareholders agreements, operating agreements and partnership agreements, including drafting, review and negotiation of such documents.
- Contract preparation, review and negotiation, including consulting agreements, supply agreements, distribution agreements, management agreements, licenses, indemnity agreements and rental agreements, among others.
- Purchase and sale of businesses and joint venture agreements, including drafting and negotiating confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, due diligence review and drafting, review and negotiation of purchase and joint venture agreements and ancillary documents.
- Employment and severance, including preparation and negotiation of employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, non-competition agreements, confidentiality agreements, incentive plans and agreements, and severance agreements.
- Financing and capital raising, including preparation, review and negotiation of loan documents, private placement memorandum, subscription agreements, contribution agreements and local legal opinions.
- Corporate governance and fiduciary duties, including advising directors and officers and preparing minutes.
- Trademark registration.
Real Estate Services. Our real estate practice advises clients with respect to the following matters:
- General real estate law representation.
- Purchase and sale of commercial and residential real estate, including drafting and negotiating letters of intent, purchase agreement and closing documents as well as reviewing and advising on title issues and other due diligence and other closing matters.
- Real estate financing for both commercial and residential matters including preparation, review and negotiation of loan documents for term, development or construction loans.
- Drafting of real estate commercial and residential development documentation
- Negotiating and drafting commercial and residential leases
- Escrow Agreement